Here are some benefits of HTML5 based mobile websites
- Describing the content, thanks to semantic elements
- Cross-platform compatibility i.e. they open on all mobile browsers irrespective of the platform
- Saves time and money since the same code gets reused on heterogeneous mobile platforms
- Supports video and audio playback without third party plug-ins
- Provides presentation options to improve 2D and 3D effects
- Supports a number of layout and styling options, thanks to CSS3 and jQuery
- Stores data both on the device and server to improve performance
The good thing about HTML5 websites is that they don’t have the “download and install” barrier. The HTML5 standard is supported by all the latest versions of the dominant desktop and mobile browsers.
And since it is cheaper and more efficient to develop and maintain one HTML5 website instead of several native websites for different platforms, enterprises and non-enterprises are investing in HTML5 websites development.